About Gary Plastic Packaging Corp.
GARY PLASTIC PACKAGING CORP. is celebrating its 51sts year in business. Over 450 men and women are employed by us on a full time basis. Our plastic boxes are manufactured using our own tooling and 30 injection molding machines. Our Stat -Tech ™ division offers ESD rigid plastic packaging for the protection of static sensitive electronic parts. We are continually improving upon our methods and standards to maintain efficiency and productivity. Quality control is emphasized at every stage of production.
Our facilities include:
- Over 300,000 square feet of office, manufacturing, and warehouse space.
- Our secondary operations include hot stamping, pad printing, UV ink silk screening, UV ink digital printing, die cutting, heat sealing, and hand and automated assembly.
- Our foam operations include slicers and die cutting presses. Foam inserts are sized to fit your selected container, and we have the capability produce custom inserts to securely nest your product.
- Large silos attached to our building that house our plastic supply.
- Complete online ERP system to monitor and manage orders, production, inventory, and accounting functions.
Customers include government, pharmaceutical, medical, gift, O.E.M., cosmetic, jewelry, hardware, automotive, food, drug, and discount chain accounts throughout the United States.
The company has been awarded 15 government contracts for producing the containers and parts for U.S. Treasury Liberty Coin and Proof Set Packaging.
Gary Plastic has had an affirmative Action Program in place since 1971. We have an established "Right-To-Know" Program, and maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs), on all of our products and supplies. We have filed EEO-1 reports with the government every year. Gary has enjoyed an excellent relationship since 1965 with its union (Local 132, New York New Jersey Regional Joint Board, Workers United/SEIU). Our company utilizes several city, state and federal programs, which make us competitive with foreign sources. We have received loans for growth and expansion from government agencies, because of our minority employment program.
We maintain legal counsel on trademarks, patents, corporate contracts and employee benefits programs. Our accountants provide us with audits each fiscal year, and have done so for over 45 years. We maintain insurance on all our assets, with product liability coverage through a major insurer of the highest rating.
In summary, the company is successful, financially secure, well managed, with "state-of-the-art" facilities and a reputation for being a quality supplier. You are assured when buying from GARY, that you are selecting a supplier with whom you can be confident.